Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there a way to define a default user icon?

ericcarlericcarl New
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'd love to be able to set up my forum to have a default user icon assigned to all new accounts. Searched through the plugins but I couldn't seem to find one for this. Any ideas? Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2011 Answer ✓
    If you enable Gravatar and replace the default.gif with set Plugins.Gravatar.DefaultAvatar in your config with a path to your own image, that basically accomplishes this (with the benefit of support Gravatar if the user has that too).

Answers

• Is this what you're looking for? http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanillicon-plugin

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• 422422 Developer MVP
    @Ericcarl i will look at this today, as i was thinking the same

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2011 Answer ✓
    If you enable Gravatar and replace the default.gif with set Plugins.Gravatar.DefaultAvatar in your config with a path to your own image, that basically accomplishes this (with the benefit of support Gravatar if the user has that too).
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Use Vanillicon! Give your community something fun to look at!
  • Thanks @Lincoln, that sounds like a good solution. I've activated the Gravatar plugin but the plugin doesn't actually seem to be working. I made a new test user account and don't see any kind of default icon. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help!
  • I take that back - it IS working. What was throwing me off was that on user profile pages, their profile image usually displayed in the top left corner (div class="Photo") still remained blank. I was expecting to see the default gravatar icon in that location, but apparently it only shows up next to posts or activity items. Thanks for the help!
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    PS. Vanillicon is best :p

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]