Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

BUG - 2 people left a message in the same time - Good bye

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
2 people wrote a comment in the same time on the same discussion. Then a user validates his comments before the other .... and removes all the comment of the user No2 who was writing ...
Tagged:

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I don't understand what you're describing.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I think this is the Vanilla equivalent of a "two people walk into a bar" joke.

Good bye! (that's the rim shot)
  • Could it be that the auto update in the threads will wipe the editor of a user still typing a comment?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011
    Surely each has unique token and session ?

• @422, I was thinking more the javascript updates the page of the user that's still typing and the info they had added gets lost (js can be nasty, especially when supporting many different browsers and every way they can possibly do events differently)

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I've never seen this happen, but it could be possible I suppose. We do abstract all this stuff through jQuery though, so it would have to be a pretty serious screwup. I feel like we'd have noticed it previously.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• I haven't seen it either. Just trying to guess what they meant.

• Excuse me my English! This is an English for two people Walk Into a Bar;-)

The problem is persistent. This morning I opened a discussion on my forum and I was so backups draft. At the same time two others were in the process of responding to other discussion.

I left my rough draft to see comments on other threads and wanted to return to writing my last discussion by clicking the button at the top 'My Draft', it was impossible. Button link to other discussions going ...

I went to see in the database. The article was there and its relationship too. It is from the database I could find the link and are content and back end my discussion I started.

So it's a real problem. For my users are not able to Webmaster analyze the problem and to get their item from the database
  • @Fibonacci a forum is not a transactional system. What kind of collision are you talking about? It is not like you have a finite resource like stock selling out.

grep is your friend.

• What does that have to do with the discussion?
    I'm talking about a major bug in Vanilla Forum and not a problem of Bar or transaction system for drinking a Beer ! :-)
    Is there some Vanilla developers who are French Canadian or French? It will be easier to explain
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2011
    I'm trying to understand your bug. The best thing is to post steps to recreate the bug.

What I'm saying is for a forum you can't absolutely guarantee there wouldn't be collusions with weird effects, but they are rare. However when you buy a product they lock the table or row, to prevent that item from being double purchased. However this expensive in terms of resources.

grep is your friend.

• I agree with this...(but it's the second time)
    See you soon (after to recreate the bug)