Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Limiting Sign In by IP Address

ericcarlericcarl New
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm looking for a way to limit forum users from logging in from too many different locations. The forum hosts content people have payed to access, so we want to make sure users aren't sharing their login info. Is there a relatively easy way to do this or will it require a little development work?

I did see the IPTracking plugin which could help, but I couldn't find an easy way to see all of the past IPs a user has logged in with. At least having that would allow us to manually check any accounts for an excessive list of IP addresses.

Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    We don't track historical data about IPs that a user has used. We may in the future though. Currently you'd need to do that yourself. It isn't hard though. Data and events are all there.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Answers

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    We don't track historical data about IPs that a user has used. We may in the future though. Currently you'd need to do that yourself. It isn't hard though. Data and events are all there.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]