Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I localize the default URLs during installation?

candymancandyman ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
It's very simple to translate the board in a different language (Italian is mine) using Addons -> Locales options in the dashboard, but I can't translate the presets URLs...

In the Appearance -> Homepage where I can choose between the various skins, the URLs are defined and I can't change it. I can choose between:

discussions
categories/all
categories/discussions
activity

but I can't translate them in my language.

I'd like "discussioni", for example.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    You'd have to do this with server redirect rules. There's nothing built into Vanilla to do this.

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    You'd have to do this with server redirect rules. There's nothing built into Vanilla to do this.
  • candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Yikes! Maybe in the future releases there will be the possibility to customize the site URLs according to the preferred language? Or this is very difficult to do?
    It's not pretty to have a site with a language and the pages address with another (also for SEO ranking reasons).

An Application could fix this?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    It's complicated because the URLs map directly to controller methods.

I suppose an application or plugin could do it with some jiggerydo in the Dispatcher.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I suppose an application or plugin could do it with some jiggerydo in the Dispatcher.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Don't you sass me, @Tim.
  • @Lincoln don't want to bother you but could I use Routes to obtain the same effect? Is it possible?
  • Lincoln said:

I'm going to use this method for all forum pages. Hope this won't affect speed.