Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

How to move various posts to another category in a whole: an idea

candymancandyman ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Feedback
I know that Vanilla's programmers have their own ideas and they're not "just
sitting [...] playing scrabble with each other" [copyright by Tim, lol :) ]
but I would suggest an option for the default theme of Vanilla 2. In the top
bar where there are the panels:

All Discussions My Bookmarks My discussions

there's a button to select all the messages in a row.
It would be great if, at he left bottom where appears the box which says:

You have selected nth discussions.
Take action: Delete Merge Cancel

could appear the Move option to change category of a various number of post
(which can be selected all together or by clicking their own button) in a whole.

What do you think?

Comments

• merge/join was a plugin, this can be a plugin.

grep is your friend.

• But a plugin can modify the existent (core) box?
    I think it's better to add the "Move" option inside the same box that appear at bottom on the left of the screen.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Move "en masse" is a good idea. Even the split/merge stuff is something we want to take from a plugin and move it into the core. The way I want to do this though is the following:

1. Change the options hover menu into a sprocket icon, but otherwise does the same thing.
    2. Have a buttons somewhere to go into "moderate mode". This will turn all of the sprocket icons into checkboxes to select multiple discussions/comments.
    3. When in "moderate mode" most options that were in the hover menu will be available at the bottom of the page as well as the other advanced split/merge type things.
  • I like the "moderate mode" idea very much.
    So the default Vanilla style remain clean and easy as usual and "complicated" add-ons appear only to moderators when they are needed. Great.