Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sorry, permission denied.

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
New users aren't able to login to my forums. They get "Sorry, permission denied." when logging in. I did an import from phpbb3 and still ironing out the issues.

They can sign up and get a confirmation email but no role is being assigned to them. I have a default role set in "Email Confirmation Role" in "User Registration Settings" but it's not working. No role is set for a new user. Is there another setting I'm missing somewhere?

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Go to yourforumurl/role/defaultroles and make sure you have default roles set up for the default member role. Then make sure that default member role can sign in and post and whatnot in Roles & Permissions.

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Go to yourforumurl/role/defaultroles and make sure you have default roles set up for the default member role. Then make sure that default member role can sign in and post and whatnot in Roles & Permissions.
  • Options
    Thanks! There were no default roles selected there for new approved users.