Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Could we see which users voted for what?

PlatonPlaton New
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This would be a well appreciated feature!

Answers

• I just last night started a discussion whether we are able to generate new 'activities' from plugins. It was my intention to do what you said with this. So that when someone votes it will go in there activity saying they answered the poll with (bla).
  • Yes, I am worried Activities would be flooded if a poll gets hundreds of votes though, plus it might influence people if they see 10 updates with people voting for one thing.

I thought that say it says "Option 1 (33 Votes)" when you click on the votes, or hover, it will tell you who voted for it.
  • Absolutely.

I'll add in two seperate items:
    1) For Members (non-administrators): A "Who Voted" link on the poll that will show who voted in the poll, but will not show what they voted for. This will help in not creating favoritism when voting, but at the same time show the individuals who have voted.

2) For Administrators (those who have access to Dashboard kPoll): A detailed summary of the current (and previous polls) showing who votes and which option they chose. I feel that administrators should have access to who voted for what.

Does this sound fair?
  • I'd like it too!

p.s.: I go OT, is it possible to recover various phpBB2 polls using kPoll in some way?
  • Yes, I am worried Activities would be flooded if a poll gets hundreds of votes though, plus it might influence people if they see 10 updates with people voting for one thing.
    Good point there, I didn't think of that.
    Absolutely.

I'll add in two seperate items:
    1) For Members (non-administrators): A "Who Voted" link on the poll that will show who voted in the poll, but will not show what they voted for. This will help in not creating favoritism when voting, but at the same time show the individuals who have voted.

2) For Administrators (those who have access to Dashboard kPoll): A detailed summary of the current (and previous polls) showing who votes and which option they chose. I feel that administrators should have access to who voted for what.

Does this sound fair?
    Sounds very good!
  • V1.2 has been released which adds Poll History to the kPoll Dashboard section. This allows administrators (or anyone with kPoll.Manage access) to view what each participating user voted for in any new or previous poll.