Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Minify plugin (pre-packaged) breaks ProxyConnect

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

It took me the better part of two hours reading massive Vanilla-fail stories to think of it. I disabled the minify plugin, cleared my browser cache, and the whole WP via ProxyConnect deal worked a treat.

Just FYI

Comments

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2011

PageSpeed plugin is a good minifyer.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2011

Btw regardless, if the minfyer is working obfuscation is a flawed concept in javascript.

I'm not saying don't use it. But you can't guarantee it won't cause errors, becuase there is no fail safe method of js obfuscation. If it is working with you current version of js resource, that is fine, but that doesn't mean it would break with future versions. This is true regardless of the app. Because it works much of the time people take the benefit.

obfuscation is a different concept, from minification, but it helps minfication. YUI doen't do as much obfuscation, but people prefer more compression than that.

It is also worth putting code through de-linters, as they often point out potential conflicts with minifyers.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Something in this app's code is not pleased with Dreamhost. I'll jigger it into working only to have it stop serving scripts properly again.

Going with the clean install option, I tried a 100% fresh DB and codebase at http://cantfix.us/chatterbox

Perpetual setup screen.

Shame, it's a nice forum. Much nicer than bbPress.