Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

OpenID based on CURL

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there a posibility to have OpenID plugin changed so that it uses Curl instead of allow_url_fopen?

I try to do it myself by changing class.lightopenid.php to latest lightopenid that uses curl but no luck.I want to use it for Google sign in. Evrything works till the moment that is asking me for a user name, after wich i give ok and the plugin keeps asking me for the user name and is not passing on. I try to look at what is happening with webcconsole but except for some css errors nothing else shows.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

Sure it is, I have done it before. Need to update it for that latest version. Happy to release it open source for 20GBP.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I can give you 10 beers when you come in Romania :-).

if I change lightopenid to the last version it doesent work at all.So i changed to tinyurl.com/4gqvyce but still can connect to google.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2011

Lol

Sorry I didn't mean the latest version of lightopenid already done that, there are a few change to make it compatible. Everything works with 2.0.18.1, open id and dependent like google.

Tell you what how much is it worth to you?

grep is your friend.

• Options

Ok.

I would realy apreciate if you would share your changes so that also other users that looks for this could benefit from them.

Thanks

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2011

Like I said I'm happy to release it open source thereafter. If others are interested then they contribute something.

There are a lot of things people want done, and there has to be a little intensive to develop and update all these plugins. Can be thankless otherwise.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I understand x00's incentive-oriented perspective but I disagree with it. That attitude is very annoying and uninspiring. It's not like we've developed a awesome new plugin from scratch and selling it. It's a goddamn bugfix for a open source plugin, to be used in a open source forum! How much where you hopping to get by withholding this bugfix? Some of your changes might even be in GPL code, since the plugin comes with Vanilla Core, although the LightOpenID class is MIT licensed. All you've managed to accomplish is to make mankind (me, in this case) "reinvent" this bugfix.

Anyway, I've attached my bugfix. It uses curl, if available, otherwise it falls back on file_get_contents.