Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

allowing editing instead of only deletions on profile comments?

kjaonlinekjaonline
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi guys, I'm trying to make vanilla function like an online buying and selling site and at the moment I came up onto a brick wall (so to speak).

There's really no way to leave a comment about a certain user or what is referred to on trading sites as trade rating.

Anyway, I figured that it's best to use the profile commenting feature as a means to leave feedback to a user's experience whilst trading with that person. Unfortunately, there's no way to edit the comment and users can delete the comments on their profile.

How do I make it so that:

The user is not able to delete a comment on his profile and that only admins/mods can edit a user's profile comment?

Also is there such a plugin that would allow me to do so? Is someone willing to write this one for me? How much would it cost for someone to develop something like this?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

We don't have the ability to edit activity comments. You'll have to program this functionality yourself.

Answers

• Options

Bumping this one. :)

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

We don't have the ability to edit activity comments. You'll have to program this functionality yourself.