Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Allow Users to create categories and manage users in them plugin?

acctmanacctman New
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

is there a plugin that allows users to create categories and manage them. Like how facebook and other sites have Groups that the user can create and manage. other users will be allowed to join/subscribe to the group and the owner can make it an open or approval required group/category

Answers

• Options

you really wanna give every single user of your forum the possibility to start a start page category? think about it again, for a minute, maybe at least twice a day, for a week, or a month, maybe even a year...before you answer that, and then come back and tell me :)

• Options

I'm 100% sure, its no different then how facebook allows uses to create groups.

• Options

but facebook groups don't all show up on the front page...

• Options

Based on the previous responses, I'd be willing to bet that no one has created that plug-in

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Domos123 said:
    but facebook groups don't all show up on the front page...

private categories don't show up to anyone who is not part of the category. just a thought.

but from what i've read, the authorization engine in vanilla would likely come to a grinding halt if you set up a custom role for each user and allowed them to administrate categories and users within the role.

• Options

wish there was something like that