Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

it possible in version 2.0.17 to create a redirect to the previous page after login?

battersbatters New
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

like in 2.0.18 version
i know in v2.0.18 its done by changing the file default.master.php by this instruction https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/6dbcc948f5c1fb3c00b379d93c899243f85d17f2
but what to do if using 2.0.17 vanilla? it possible?

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

You can do the same thing in 2.0.17.

• battersbatters New
    edited January 2012

no, unfortunately I can not.
    Version 2.0.17 of the file default.master.php is different from the version 2.0.18
    to be exact line 35-36 of 2.0.18 is look like:

$this->Menu->AddLink('Entry', T('Sign In'), SignInUrl(), FALSE, array('class' => 'NonTab'), $Attribs);

in 2.0.17 version file is

$this->Menu->AddLink('Entry', T('Sign In'), Gdn::Authenticator()->SignInUrl(), FALSE, array('class' => 'NonTab'), $Attribs);

and if will replace the line as in the example for 2.0.18 then will be error and forum does not work

• batters said:
    no, unfortunately I can not.
    if will replace the line as in the example for 2.0.18 then will be error and forum does not work

Don't be so damn strong headed, man. Just tell the error you get and prepare to upgrade to 2.0.18

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• i love how you are telling todd the differences between 2.0.17 and 2.0.18 :p

im with UnderDog here, why dont you just upgrade?

• battersbatters New
    edited January 2012

@RedTwentyFour 2.0.18 version is much worse, many trubles
    installation need to modify the all the plugins to rewrite CSS files, which lasted more than a month of work, when you update broken work of the Forum, most of the posts become closed, the impossibility of open them.
    generally inferior to version 2.0.18 serviceability 2.0.17.9

a lot of unnecessary and not needed additions, which impairs the site to work
    and the work site for the iPhone version 2.0.18 is much worse than 2.0.17.9, loading of additional posts better organized than paging.

Version 2.0.17 is missing only a redirect to the previous page after login and navigate in the topics when you have to flip pages every time down to get to the last message

• 422422 Developer MVP

With respect, you could load a 2.0.18.1 version, do your mods and port across shared db.

• and dont forget about crossbrowsers
    2.0.17 works in all browsers except netscape
    2.0.18 not working even in Opera 10.63 (I only work in this browser)
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-W3idFjWz7nQ/TotMUAMGpAI/AAAAAAAABgk/4xPi4-6EysE/s788/new-2.png

• I guess we can better let this topic die.
    Batters isn't interesting in solving his problem, he isn't listening to advice or facts.

All he does is show his styling problems and then say that 2.0.18 is worse. That's just nuts.

@batters if you want to resolve your problems, 2.0.18 is the version to resolve your problems in. If you find a bug in 2.0.17 the only direction we can point you in is 2.0.18

Write down the problems you have when you converted your test site to 2.0.18 and try to resolve them one by one.

Only request that we have here on the forums is that you respect the etiquette
    and that you will follow advice instead of:

no, not working,
    will not work for me,
    doesn't work in my 10 year old browser

stuff like that.

• an addition to @UnderDog is that at artschool i learned this as an addition to those last 3 points: always remember, if the user cant display your stuff right, its on him to upgrade to a better browser.

• @UnderDog what does this comment have to do a redirect after login in 2.0.17