Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Embed Addon - Link isn't opening in IFrame

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When a user clicks a link on my embedded forum in my webpage the link doesn't open up to the location it is supposed to. (link in second post)

http://www.fishingsimcoe.com/

but when it is clicked when the forum is not embedded, it works fine....

http://fishingsimcoe.vanillaforums.com/discussion/22/simcoe-ice-report-monday-jan.-2-2012#Item_1

Does any know whats going wrong?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

works flawless for me

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

didnot work for me in chrome

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Redtwentyfour - which browser are you using?

• Options

lynx :p

• Options

Thanks Redtwentyfour.

• Options

Working perfectly for me, Chrome 16.0.912.75 m

• Options

Explorer 9 on Win7 machine - Got the message that the content cannot be displayed in a Frame with an option to display it in a new page (which worked fine)

• Options

My understanding is you are inserting the code through a gadget? This is what could be causing the issue. It is not direct.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Ok thanks guys I have this resolved now.

• Options

@Troutman8 good idea to post the answer so others can benefit.

grep is your friend.

• Options

The issue: highlighting text and pressing the "link" button and adding the url. When the link is clicked by a reader the link refreshes the same window without the forum properly loading.

The solution: I am not using the link button. instead I just copy and paste the URL right into the message. An automatic link is created.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

great

grep is your friend.

• Options
    luizariosluizarios New
    edited September 2015

I'm having the same problem, I figure out a good way to fix it would be to make so the link to ''STORE'' takes the user to the store in a new window.

So I need to find the code to change the main menu link from

a class="" href="/swap/store">Store

to

a class="" href="/swap/store" target="_blank">Store

If I find the file I'm able to make the changes but I don't know which file it would be, little help please?

Thanks

ps: I've checked the template, and this links being generated by {custom_menu} which, according to the documentation is "A placeholder for future menu items.". Any idea how marketplace is pushing the menu item STORE ? surely there's a file that informs vanilla to create a link called STORE .

• Options
    luizariosluizarios New
    edited September 2015