Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Powered by Vanilla

ProsperProsper New
edited March 2013 in Questions

Is it legal to remove the "Powered by Vanilla" statement on Vanilla forum software? If yes, how can I remove it from my site? Your answers will be appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• T_T

Why would you even want to?

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

Just a suggestion... sign up for a Vanilla Affiliate Program, and put your referral link there, this way you and vanilla benefits! :D

422Russ773
  • LincolnLincoln Community Instigator Vanilla Staff

Simply remove it from default.master.php in your theme, or (less ideally) from /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php.

Sr Developer at Vanilla Forums [GitHub, Twitter]

Russ773
  • i am changed word be - -> Super Super Thank you Vanilla , I wanted ^_^

• If you are using "Vanillaversion 2.0.18.4 (The default theme for Vanilla.")

1st go to

conf...........>config-defaults.php...............>line 99 ($Configuration['Garden']['VanillaUrl'] = 'YOUR URL';

2nd Conf............>locale...............>Add ($Definition['Powered by Vanilla'] = 'Powered by YOUR NAME';

• i find it's not a good idea to remove the foot php code in default.master.php, this will affect the plugin "fileupload" and "emotify".

the way from Sheyad is good, I think. But I don't agree to remove the link for vanilla.org.

What I do is just to add one line above foot php code, like "miantained by xxx, copyright 2013", then adjust something on style.css.