Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Must have plugins for vanilla 2

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I read so many discussions on vanilla forum and there are too many plugins in the repository and I am new to vanilla. So I thought it would be best to ask the experienced people here to which are the must have plugins for vanilla 2.

My requirements are to turn vanilla into a full community and there more than one plugin for a single task, so would be better if you share your best plugins so far

We can think of following categories for suggestions

1> Core Enhancements

2> SEO

3> Social Media Marketing

4> Promotion

5> Added Functionality

Blah Blah....

Thank You

• Keshav Saini

Environment and Sustainable Development Forum

Best Answer

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

This is a really difficult question to answer because it very specific scenarios.

SiteMaps (though read this if it is not working), is pretty much a given. Though you can create it by some other means, recommend to have one especially when starting out.

A lot of the additional SEO you are going to have to do yourself, there are few short cut in SEO, but if you forum organically produces good content, then it can do quite well. This depends on the userbase and the culture, which you have some influence over.

I would have Vanilla SEO, and Tagging.

Social media marketing is a bit more than Likes. usually you are propagating some new content, but you have to do that in a non-spamming, way, which is difficult with a forum.

I would say Having a separate blog, or a special category for featured discussions, then submit those with short excerpts to social media, using some kind of feed based software (again you have to do . As well as submitting to blog, forum directories.

Other than that you really just have to try the plugin out to see if they are something your community will need.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

This is a really difficult question to answer because it very specific scenarios.

SiteMaps (though read this if it is not working), is pretty much a given. Though you can create it by some other means, recommend to have one especially when starting out.

A lot of the additional SEO you are going to have to do yourself, there are few short cut in SEO, but if you forum organically produces good content, then it can do quite well. This depends on the userbase and the culture, which you have some influence over.

I would have Vanilla SEO, and Tagging.

Social media marketing is a bit more than Likes. usually you are propagating some new content, but you have to do that in a non-spamming, way, which is difficult with a forum.

I would say Having a separate blog, or a special category for featured discussions, then submit those with short excerpts to social media, using some kind of feed based software (again you have to do . As well as submitting to blog, forum directories.

Other than that you really just have to try the plugin out to see if they are something your community will need.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks x00 for your recommendations.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

See also this discussion: Must Have Plugins.