Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

upgrade consistently redirects to setup...

moensmoens New
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

While upgrading I am consistently redirected from utility/update to dashboard/setup.

I am upgrading 2.0.16 to 2.0.18.2 on a server that uses LiteSpeed V5.5 instead of Apache2. The forum works fine, so I assume that the issue is not the webserver.

All Themes, Plugins, Uploads moved carefully to 2.0.18.2 folder, config.php edited... then all web files deleted and edited 2.0.18.2 files put in place.

Whenever I go to utility/update, I get dashboard/setup instead.

Anyone have this before?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Try setting Garden.Installed back to 1. That should do it.

Answers

• OK. back to this...

I am getting 302's on utility/update to dashboard/setup... any ideas?

• I have looked through the utilitycontroller and the classes it is based on, but I cannot figure out why / where this route (utility/update) will be Redirected to the dashboard/setup route.

I presume that it is because a) it thinks there is no database, or b) there is no id 1 user in the current database. Is this correct, and where (please!) is this decision made?

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Check out bootstrap.php line 97:

if (Gdn::Config('Garden.Installed', FALSE) === FALSE && strpos(Gdn_Url::Request(), 'setup') === FALSE) {
       header('Location: '.Gdn::Request()->Url('dashboard/setup', TRUE));
       exit();
    }

Is Garden.Installed FALSE?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Thanks a million... I'll post back when I figure this out.

• moensmoens New
    edited February 2012

OK... yeah, Garden.Installed is NULL, but I am still working on tracking this down. If you have the time and want to look at a diff:

Gdn::Config(FALSE, FALSE) from Installed v2.0.16 vs. attempted upgrade v2.0.18.2

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Try setting Garden.Installed back to 1. That should do it.

• wow... that was stupid. Sorry guys, I didn't see that in the conf/config.php

Thanks for your help.