Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Timeframe of vanilla 2.1 release

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

In my previous post regarding Vanilla Title Tag issues, @Lincoln said version 2.1 will address the issue. I am curious about the timeframe of vanilla 2.1 release.

Is there development roadmap available for us to see what is actually being happening in vanilla development?

Answers

• I'd like to know this too

• 422422 Developer MVP

Perhaps check out github

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

Github repository contains all the recent updates. But beware it might not be stable version

• I don't know how to use github. Its quite confusing to me

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

experience comes with more you mess with it :)

• 422422 Developer MVP

That > sahotataran said:

experience comes with more you mess with it :)

That well oiled saying, " the novice muckit uppeth, the lord taketh away"

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited February 2012

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

1. And God said, "Let there be a backup of what I have done so far." And God made the backup, and saw that it was good.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin

No idea yet. But, we haven't even started the release cycle, and it will be a long time from that due to the number of changes being made. "This year" is about as close as I dare venture.

• edited February 2012

Lincoln said:
    No idea yet. But, we haven't even started the release cycle, and it will be a long time from that due to the number of changes being made. "This year" is about as close as I dare venture.

As I was referring to the Issues related to title tags, I would suggest you to break your 2.1 update into two small updates. You can update the title tags to comply with SEO guidelines and release a small update for vanilla, may be vanilla 2.0.19, since it is quite important for ranking websites. I don't think updating title tags in core structure would take more than a week since it doesn't involve any code change. Only titles needed to be wrapped in proper heading tags.

The rest changes may be delivered with vanilla 2.1