Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem with Admin Accounts after import to a new site

Hi everyone,

I recently imported a forum hosted by Vanilla to a new Vanilla installation that my client is hosting for themselves. Every since I imported the site the two Administrator accounts that had been created before the import cannot access profiles. It goes to a page that says "Oops...."

Has anyone encountered this problem before, and if so, how did you go about fixing it?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

You need to put the original error you get - oops is not how it works. Turn the debugger on and please post the whole error you get so that we can help u out with it :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I activated debugger but I am not seeing any error/debug messages. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I do apologize, I am very new to using Vanilla.

Apparently this is connected to all Administrator accounts because my brand new admin account is having the same problem.

All I get is a page that says the following:

Bonk
    Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks

• Options
    edited February 2012

Ok now understanding debugger more...there is no debugger messages on that error page except for "bonk"

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012

if you are using vanilla >= 2.0.18 Put

$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE; 

and if its < 2.0.18 put

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

in your config.php file.

this will give a whole detail of error on page where it says BONK. copy that error and paste it here and we will help u out with it :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Thanks for the help everyone.

It seemed that the were problems in the database and when consulting with a couple of other people it seemed the best thing was to do a fresh installation of Vanilla and do a new import. It fixed the problems.