Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Profile Page Layout breaking

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am using a custom theme for my vanilla forum and when I visit profile page of forum members, the profile page breaks. I don't know why its happening. I tried different CSS codes, but none of them is working.

Check here e.g http://www.environmentabout.com/forum/profile/7/amit2k12

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Looks fine on ipad

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @422 It works good when I switch theme back to vanilla default and then activate custom theme again, that I just did.

But when I will check after few hours, the layout is breaking. There are multiple instances of same content.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Still looks ok. Still on ipad, but... The only thing that could break it is ad blocks i suppose, i cant remember if we coded that lol. I see uou have google, did you set that in css and are they always 468 x 60 size

• Yes. I have set the maximum width and height of ad block per the width and height of div in the header.

As I said, the layout is only breaking in the profile pages. Like you go to activity page and then try to visit a profile that has recently been created.

I just checked the profile pages were not viewable for guests. I have enabled them so that you can see the problem.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Again works fine for me, perhaps show screenshot

• Here is the screenshot flickr.com/photos/environmentabout/6815636369/

The previous link of a profile page that I added above is working fine now but the newer profiles are throwing the messed up layout now.. not all but some of them..

• 422422 Developer MVP

Could be some css changes in new version of vanilla to the core. What version are you running

• I am running the latest 2.0.18.2

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited February 2012

Could be why. Get firebug and inspect elements that are breaking, see if they have corresponding classes causing conflict. This theme is for last version, the fix should be simple. Set me up test account and email me the details i will check it out later or tomorrow morning for you