Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

GREAT !! But, how does one edit the names later ?

lessireylessirey New
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Just wanted to give a BIG Thank you for making this :)
been waiting for something like this for a long time.

Found some troubles..
Checked out the profile page and cant seem to find any settings to edit my first name or last name. How to do that ?

It would also be great if there was an option to enable displaying the real name instead or together with the username in the discussions.

may be something that looks like this..

Best Answer

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Glad you like it! More features and fixes are coming soon, right now the functionality is pretty basic.

On my to-do list:

1) Fix registration redirect bug
    2) Give users ability to edit names
    3) Display Name functionality

Answers

Answer ✓

Glad you like it! More features and fixes are coming soon, right now the functionality is pretty basic.

On my to-do list:

1) Fix registration redirect bug
    2) Give users ability to edit names
    3) Display Name functionality

• Brilliant !!
    Cant wait to see you clear that to-do list :D

• nice....need to add names to people who have already registered....doesnt seem to have that edit add function yet...

any backend way?

Released version 1.1, does all of the above.

• jspautsch said:
    Released version 1.1, does all of the above.

you sir, are the man...nicely done. getting it displayed somehow? that would put it over the top...

thank you again...!!

troppmann said:
    you sir, are the man...nicely done. getting it displayed somehow? that would put it over the top...

It does when you add this line to config.php: $Configuration['Plugins']['FirstLastNames']['DisplayNames'] = TRUE;

Actually, why don't I just add some dashboard options...

There, 1.2 uploaded, all the config options (including displaying First and Last name on posts instead of usernames) can now be set in the dashboard.

• you rock!!!

• MAN ! Thats awesome :D
    1.2 is like my dream come true :)
    Didnt thought you'd do it super quick !

couple of suggestions.

1. when the Use Displayname option is enabled from the admin panel, posts of those who are already registered without a firstname or second name are left with blank Names. It would be nice to replace it with the username itself if the user havent entered any first or second name.

2. When the display name or @username is clicked it goes to the userprofile.
      dunno if its possible, but it'd be cool when clicked on the @username (with use displayname option enabled) that it automatically inserts an @username mention in the reply box.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Great work jon

There was an error rendering this rich post.

lessirey said:
    1. when the Use Displayname option is enabled from the admin panel, posts of those who are already registered without a firstname or second name are left with blank Names. It would be nice to replace it with the username itself if the user havent entered any first or second name.

Good point, will fix that.

lessirey said:
    2. When the display name or @username is clicked it goes to the userprofile.
    dunno if its possible, but it'd be cool when clicked on the @username (with use displayname option enabled) that it automatically inserts an @username mention in the reply box.

Sounds like a good idea, expect it in the next version.

1.3 uploaded, implements the above two features.

• lessireylessirey New
    edited March 2012

Great Job :)

The mention works like a charm, I remember someone posting a plugin which was only intended for just the mention purpose but still didnt work properly for everyone.

btw. found some bugs..

1. posts of those with no first or last name given are still left blank when the use display name option is enabled.

2. and something that I noticed, you dont see the @username link immediately if you reply on a discussion. but its visible when you refresh it.

The second issue is an easy fix, but not a major issue since you know what your own username is. ;)

As for the first, that's very odd, since I tested it on my forum and it seemed to work. I'll just make the check more robust I guess.

Released minor update 1.3.1, hopefully will fix both those issues.

• Brilliant !!

Now that looks like a perfect plugin.
    Man ! You should make more plugins :)