Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't change nickname while registiring

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi! Thanx for you plugin but i have one question.

Why does not user have possibility to change his nickname? It is always his firstname from profile of Vkontakte (ver. 1.30) or firstname + lastname (ver. 1.15). And if user changr

And i notice one bug - if user filled in his middlename in his profile of vkontakte this middlename will be used as nickname.

Answers

• SS ✭✭
    edited March 2012

Check it out http://vanillaforums.org/docs/advancedconfig

$Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['EditUsernames'] = TRUE; // Allows users to change their own usernames.

But I'm not sure that this helps.

• Thanx for your replay but i would like to have posibility to change nickname in the moment of registration not after. Facebook plugin have such posibility...

And even user changed his nickname after regisration it will be changed automatically to the data of his profile (firstname or firstname+lastname or middlename) in the next authorization by vkontakte

• And about version 1.30 - using only firstname without lastname as nickname its no good idea because people often have the same firstnames.

For example, two people have name Andrew. First Andrew will use his firstname without possibility to change nick while registring. Second Andrew will see that his nick is used and he can choose another. But it will be very complicated for second person to register because registration form is in English and very incomprehensible

• Maybe is it possible to take away field "nickname" if the user cant change it? And this field can be visible if such nikname already exist.