Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Using Vanilla With IIS 7

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've just installed vanilla into my iis 7 installation under /forum and i am getting a 404 error (Yes i have done the configuration). I've heard its a prob with .htaccess is there a way to convert it to web.config or turn it off all together
http://apexgames.co.uk/forum/

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

IIS isn't even officially supported, I suggest you search the forums for IIS there have been successful installs.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2012

IIS isn't even officially supported, I suggest you search the forums for IIS there have been successful installs.

you could try renaming the .htaccess, then try.

grep is your friend.

• edited March 2012

I've tried following other people's ways but they don't work. 404 every time.

Is there a way of turning off these 'special' urls that need rules.

• After converting the htaccess to web.config i can only go to this
    apexgames.co.uk/forum/index.php?p/dashboard/*
    any thing else 404's. Suggestions?

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

I don't mean to bump an old thread but seem like no solution to this post and I think I do have a solution because this work for me.

On site that run IIS, if you place the web.config file that I attached in to the same place as .htaccess then your rewrite rule should work just fine just like it would on apache

file: web.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<system.webServer>

</system.webServer>

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

It won't let me attach or post the file so I rename the file to .txt so you will need to rename it back to web.config after you get the file.