Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Van2shout cannot type messages

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Basically what's happening is that I've enabled the plugin and I have set permissions so that administrators can view, add, delete and view history using Van2shout. For some reason though, there is no little box to type any messages in. Just the help, view history, and clear links are there. Why would this be?

Answers

• Hey,

I will be on vacation till Monday, I don't have the time to check out what exactly the problem is... The only thing I can imagine is that you might have disabled javascript?

If that's not the case, you could try to install the unstable branch from github. So far, I have not experienced any problems with it and no problems have been reported by other users.
    The difference between the version here at vanillaforums.org and the github unstable branch is that the branch is not a widget in the sidebar, it has it's own page and a link the navigation...
    You can find a tutorial on how to install this branch on my blog:
    http://caerostris.com/blog/2012/02/van2shout

I'm sorry all I can do know is refer you to a link, but I don't have much time...

Regards,
    Caerostris

• Alright I see. Would Javascript being disabled be because of my browser or because of a forum setting?