Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Like Etiquette?

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When should a person click the like button? The customary use on this board.

-when the response was wrong but an effort was made?

-when the response was partial and an effort was made?

-when the response was correct?

• when you are feeling benifcent?

Just wondering.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Best Answer

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

It's a good question, but there's not really any written rules for that, nor established rules.

I usually "like" the response when the topic starter has rejected the proper answer orrr the top 2 "bullets" from your questions.

When the response was correct, the answer should be accepted.

I also use the "like" button when I really like the comment the user makes, the original intent of the "like" button :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

It's a good question, but there's not really any written rules for that, nor established rules.

I usually "like" the response when the topic starter has rejected the proper answer orrr the top 2 "bullets" from your questions.

When the response was correct, the answer should be accepted.

I also use the "like" button when I really like the comment the user makes, the original intent of the "like" button :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I'll give you a like

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.