Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Dashboard link problem with Dashboard Embed and Remote URL Checked

kacebokacebo New
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm embedding Vanilla into a wordpress site. So far so good, other than the fact that I can't access the Dashboard from my forum when both "Dashboard Embed" and "Remote URL" options are both checked. What happens is that I click on the Dashboard link, and the window that pops up immediately redirects from mysite.com/vanilla/dashboard/settings to mysite.com/vanilla/index.php?=p (which then redirects to the embedded forum in wordpress).

my site.com/vanilla/index.php?p=/dashboard/settings does work for dashboard access, but I don't want to have to access dashboard from a bookmark.

Is there a way to make the dashboard link actually point to the dashboard?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options

I found that as long as the dashboard link is opening in a new tab/window, it didn't get redirected into the embed, so I added the following code to end of the body in the default.master.tpl file of the Embed-Friendly theme:

{literal} <script type="text/javascript"> jQuery(document).ready(function () { $('.Banner').find('li > a').eq(0).attr("target", "_blank"); }); </script> {/literal}

Hope that helps someone else!

Answers

• Options

Does this help - there is an option in the embed vanilla.

Dashboard Embed Don't embed your forum admin dashboard (pop it out to full-screen)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

That's what I have checked (my question says i have Dashboard Embed and Remote URL options checked). I only have this problem when both options are checked, but the setup I'm looking for involves both features.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2012

Sorry, I misread. They do seem mutually exclusive. Can you solve it with .htacess for the specific dashboard url

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I'll try that... thanks

• Options

I found that as long as the dashboard link is opening in a new tab/window, it didn't get redirected into the embed, so I added the following code to end of the body in the default.master.tpl file of the Embed-Friendly theme:

{literal} <script type="text/javascript"> jQuery(document).ready(function () { $('.Banner').find('li > a').eq(0).attr("target", "_blank"); }); </script> {/literal}

Hope that helps someone else!

• Options

That's it! Worked perfectly. Thank you so much.

• Options

I'm having this problem as well. It did work before some upgrades, but it doensn't with the most recent version of Vanilla.
    Can you elaborate on the .htaccess solution please?

Thanks!