Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theme url - where it is formed?

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

For example I have a discussion with 'name'-field

"How much is the fish ?" in GDN_Discussion table.

and the formed url is 'mydomain.com/forum/discussion/12/how-much-is-the-fish-'.

Where can I find url-forming code from name field?

Answers

• let me get this right... You want to know where in the PHP the content of the 'name' field in the database is formed?
    Then an URL is created and you want to know how that is formed too, correct?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited March 2012

UnderDog said:
    let me get this right... You want to know where in the PHP the content of the 'name' field in the database is formed?
    Then an URL is created and you want to know how that is formed too, correct?

The second - I need write a function which makes a theme-string from a theme's name with the same way as it is done in vanilla code.

oh, really it would be better to know a permission for reading a discussion by user from non-forum php code (through tables). but data scheme of roles is not obvious for me...

• You've lost me.

A theme is the colors and pictures, the CSS, the style of a certain site.

The Url is constructed by Vanilla, not by the theme.

If you need the function that makes the Url, that's something that's easily found in the sourcecode.

Topic title : Make me a new title

Nice Url: make-me-a-new-title

Do you know how to search in the sourcecode for certain pieces of code? Do you use Linux or Windows?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• yes, sorry, I meant the topic , not the color theme.

ps
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theme

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/topic

pps

Gdn_Format::Url($DiscussionName)