Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Random (so it seems?) users getting "invalid captcha" (cookies problem)*

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

It didn't seem to be browser specific from the people I spoke to who had issues, but for some reason the plug-in will not take the "correct" captcha code from some users. Upon inspecting with firebug, no errors are returned either. For some users, when they try to enter a code for either a new discussion or a new post they simply get an "invalid captcha error" no matter how many times they attempt to enter a new, correct, captcha.

Any thoughts please?

Meant to add that this is with the Anonymouse plugin. I need some sort of way of being able to troubleshoot this please. I cannot reproduce the error/even get an error to fix.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

Turns out it has to do with whether or not they allow cookies. So this is "solved" thanks!

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

Turns out it has to do with whether or not they allow cookies. So this is "solved" thanks!