Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] 404 Settings Pages

RonRon New
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Fresh install.. and when going to any forum settings (ie. manage categories) I get a 404 error.

http://url.com/vanilla/settings/managecategories

any ideas?

Best Answer

• RonRon New
    Answer ✓

Yea, when I installed vanilla. I uploaded the main zip file and used my control panels file manager to extract it. When extracting that zip the main folder is "vanilla." I then took the file contents from the "vanilla" folder and moved them to the main root directory therefore leaving a empty "vanilla" folder in my root along with my installation. After deleting that "vanilla" folder from my root I no longer got the 404 error pages.

Answers

• Forum is installed in root if this helps.

• Figured it out. I had a blank vanilla folder in my root.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Goodonya for posting how you fixed.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• RonRon New
    Answer ✓

Yea, when I installed vanilla. I uploaded the main zip file and used my control panels file manager to extract it. When extracting that zip the main folder is "vanilla." I then took the file contents from the "vanilla" folder and moved them to the main root directory therefore leaving a empty "vanilla" folder in my root along with my installation. After deleting that "vanilla" folder from my root I no longer got the 404 error pages.