Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Page bar - PagerAfter

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have two questions

1. I see "div .PagerAfter" on page. Does it mean that there's the possibility to show PagerBefore ?

2. How can I show ALL pages on the only page? that is nessecary for printing the topic.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    1. Pagers are currently hard-coded so if you don't see one it's not there.
    2. Look at the url for the topic. You'll see p1, p2, etc depending on what page you're on. You can replace that with 1-1000 and it will show comments 1-1000. You can pick a sufficiently large number to show all comments.

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    1. Pagers are currently hard-coded so if you don't see one it's not there.
    2. Look at the url for the topic. You'll see p1, p2, etc depending on what page you're on. You can replace that with 1-1000 and it will show comments 1-1000. You can pick a sufficiently large number to show all comments.
  • Options
    1. :) I thougt there was is an option for it.
    2. Very interesting feature .

I added to url 1-2 and result was discussion post and two comments. Then added 2-3 and result was only two comments . This is not bug of course byt probably it would be better to show the start-post in any case.

And the feature of showing page diapason could be useful - e.g. some-url/p2-p3
    for printing topics with hidden div ajax filling by user selected diapason .

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

johansonlocker said:
    1. :) I thougt there was is an option for it.
    2. Very interesting feature .

I added to url 1-2 and result was discussion post and two comments. Then added 2-3 and result was only two comments . This is not bug of course byt probably it would be better to show the start-post in any case.

what if you requested posts 1000-1500? should the original start post be displayed still?

I ask because i have discussions that are long running on my forum. one is more than 60,000 posts long. I don't think the first post has any meaning anymore in that context. But I'm interested in your thoughts.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
  • Options
    edited March 2012

hbf,

well , if we have already begun to discuss of diapason urls which are hidden from normal interface and are actually backdoor - maybe in that case a parameter could be added - to show\or not to show the first page in the #all-messages-list#

some-long-topic\p10-end-firstpage :)

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

What is diapason ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited March 2012

hbf said:
    and just an fyi, 6-6000 yields a DB time-out :)

and the limitation of actual shown comments should be added to this ddos-engine

• Options

422 said:
    What is diapason ?

a range , sorry :)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/diapason

• Options

forum\applications\vanilla\views\discussion\index.php

<div class="SubTab"><?php echo $DiscussionName; ?></div>
       <div id="PagerBefore"><?php echo $this->Pager->ToString('more'); ?></div>