Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

karma bank always disabled

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have installed Karma Bank in my forum, and I enable it in plugins page and edit the settings (insert inicial karma, rules, etc..).

But it always appear in the top of the settings page: Status: disabled. How can I enable it?

Thanks

Best Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

what does it say in your config/config.php file do you have stuff beginning with

$Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

starting balance is wrong please use a decimal point not comma and be greater than 0. Set it to some value like 0.01.

I will release now a version that will allow to you set the starting balance to 0.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

what does it say in your config/config.php file do you have stuff beginning with

$Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']

grep is your friend.

• $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['Version'] = '0.9.5.5b';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['Enabled'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['StartingBalance'] = '0,00';
    $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['CommentShowBalance'] = '1';

Thank You for your answer

• If I manually change the Enabled param to TRUE, it automatically changes to FALSE again...

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

starting balance is wrong please use a decimal point not comma and be greater than 0. Set it to some value like 0.01.

I will release now a version that will allow to you set the starting balance to 0.

grep is your friend.

• Ok thanks!!

• done

grep is your friend.

• FunanaFunana New
    edited June 2012

Hi @x00, great plug-in!

I set everything up and it worked, then accidentally put a comma into the starting balance field which gave me an error ("must have a value...").

Changed the value back to 5 and now the addon keeps showing status as "deactivated".
    I tried to disable and re-enable the plug-in which doesn't help.

Thanks in advance!

//Edit: sometimes I should continue trying to solve it by myself instead of posting support requests ^^

**Solved it: **
    Changed the line
    $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['StartingBalance'] = '0,50';
    to
    $Configuration['Plugins']['KarmaBank']['StartingBalance'] = '0.50';

• did you try editing the config.php manually?

grep is your friend.

• Edit: sometimes I should continue trying to solve it by myself instead of posting support requests

that is ok so long as you post the solution.

grep is your friend.

• FunanaFunana New
    edited June 2012

x00 said:
    did you try editing the config.php manually?

Yes, sir! That's what I did and it worked.