Fork me on GitHub
Current release is 2.1.6 (21 Nov 2014).

Users who have not yet upgraded to 2.1 should get security release 2.0.18.14 (1 Nov 2014). We will stop providing these security releases to 2.0 at the end of this year.

Javascript url isn't properly built

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 Help

First of all, thanks to the development team. Vanilla is the way I see forums : simple and pretty.

I've just installed one and I noticed that none of the Javascript functionalities were active. I looked in the code and it appears that some of the directories separators are missing and it's the reason why the page can't find the scripts.

The same applies to the themes previews pictures but other urls are ok (profile pictures, css, etc.). Oh and the invitation emails only contain : "EmailInvitation".

In my opinion, the problem is caused by PHP : maybe some option from the hosting provider (online.net) or the version of PHP (according to phpinfo : "PHP Version 5.2.9-1.illimite").

My version of Vanilla is the last one : 2.0.18.4.

Here is a portion of the vanilla page.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/applications/dashboard/design/style.css?v=2.0.18.4" media="all" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/themes/default/design/favicon.png" type="image/x-icon" />
<link rel="canonical" href="http://forum.***.fr/categories" />

<script src="/jslibraryjquery.js?v=2.0.18.4" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/jslibraryjquery.livequery.js?v=2.0.18.4" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/jslibraryjquery.form.js?v=2.0.18.4" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/jslibraryjquery.popup.js?v=2.0.18.4" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/jslibraryjquery.gardenhandleajaxform.js?v=2.0.18.4" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/jsglobal.js?v=2.0.18.4" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/applicationsvanillajsbookmark.js?v=2.0.18.4" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/applicationsvanillajsdiscussions.js?v=2.0.18.4" type="text/javascript"></script></head>
Tagged:

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

You could try something like

define('PATH_ROOT', '/.');

technically this is bug, but it is a very edge case, most people do not have your setup.

Another way you could do it, put the forum in folder, use .htaccess to rewrite so you preserve your uri structure, and use

$Configuration['Garden']['StripWebRoot'] = TRUE;
     $Configuration['Garden']['WebRoot'] = forumfolder; //note no preceding or trailing slash

grep is your friend.

Answers