Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I am changing the root file directory of my vanilla install is this safe to do...

H00jH00j
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am changing the root file directory of my vanilla install is this safe to do or will i have to change some settings?

Im changing from
site.com/vanilla
to
site.com/

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

Oooh.... the pressure... :-)

Please backup all your files and your database before you start these steps.

OK you have to at least change your config.php as 422 said.

You also have to clear your /cache/*.ini files.

Just in case you need to figure out if any cookies were set and maybe clear the cookies.

After that, bookmark this thread : http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/155604#Comment_155604 and see if your .htaccess points to the right (new) place

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

I think u just have to redo path in config.

Then clear cache, i may be wrong.

@underdog will know, he is the fountain of knowledge

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

Oooh.... the pressure... :-)

Please backup all your files and your database before you start these steps.

OK you have to at least change your config.php as 422 said.

You also have to clear your /cache/*.ini files.

Just in case you need to figure out if any cookies were set and maybe clear the cookies.

After that, bookmark this thread : http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/155604#Comment_155604 and see if your .htaccess points to the right (new) place