Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Urgent: When a new user confirms email they are not added to a new role and cannot login

H00jH00j
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Urgent: When a new user confirms email they are not added to a new role and cannot login, what do i do?

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Don't worry, I'll make 1 starter thread soon, combining all problems and pointing to the different discussions.

In my opinion All the problems H00j has do have 1 cause at the base : conversion from another BB system (MyBB / phpBB) to Vanilla. Some things are missing after the conversion and therefore some users don't have the proper role, users cannot get other roles assigned easily, etc, etc.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• ?

• why so many threads for the same basic problem?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Different problems and because it hasn't been fixed yet

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Don't worry, I'll make 1 starter thread soon, combining all problems and pointing to the different discussions.

In my opinion All the problems H00j has do have 1 cause at the base : conversion from another BB system (MyBB / phpBB) to Vanilla. Some things are missing after the conversion and therefore some users don't have the proper role, users cannot get other roles assigned easily, etc, etc.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• nice - exactly my point

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.