Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

[Documentation] Removing cache files after migration or directory rename

andruandru New
edited April 2012 in Feedback

I'd just like to make a quick suggestion to add a 'Migration' page to the documentation and a more useful error message which covers the unexpected behaviour you get when migrating the forum (or, in my case, simply renaming the containing directory). It produces this initially cryptic message:

Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found in [Path redacted]/bootstrap.php on line 47

After spending a while reading and re-reading the bootstrap and not understanding how the autoloader could possibly be failing because of a change in directory name when all paths are set dynamically at application startup, I finally stumbled upon the cache dir and the cached ini's within.

Perhaps a more verbose error message, or the autoloader could refresh the cache clearing if the directories don't appear to be valid?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog Moderator
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm actually working on a Migration article on the Vanilla Wiki (community documentation). If you would like to help, just join the wiki :-)