Fork me on GitHub
Current release is 2.1.6 (21 Nov 2014).

Users who have not yet upgraded to 2.1 should get security release 2.0.18.14 (1 Nov 2014). We will stop providing these security releases to 2.0 at the end of this year.

[Documentation] savvy Netbeans ide users (or eclipse) - vanilla question

peregrineperegrine ☯ hasta luego :)In-Flight MVP
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 Help

I can direct netbeans to a particular page in a vanilla and the page with xdebug pops up in my browser. Is there a way to click on something in the web page and have the netbeans code continue in the debugger until some beakpoint. I can get the breakpoints and tracing in the netbeans ide, but is there some magic to make the debugger continue from clicking in the browser itself.

or if this can be done with eclipse - that would be fine too.

Monetary Donations will be appreciated if you use my plugins. Thanks in Advance.
As a waiter gets a tip for a good meal, tips for successful solutions appreciated as well. click here for Peregrine | click here for FAQ

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Once xdebug has attached to your process it should continue to stop at breakpoints even when you follow links. Try putting a breakpoint on another page.

That being said, xdebug is not a polished tool. I've used it on both Windows and OSX and it's been a real pain in both cases. On Windows I've had to try multiple versions of xdebug just to get it to work at all. On OSX it's been a bit easier, but I often have to restart Netbeans because xdebug has hijacked a process.

If you can't get xdebug to work then I recommend searching for your xdebug version and then trying an earlier one depending on what other people have found works. Maybe try searching for your version of Netbeans to see what version of xdebug works with it. The final piece is whether or not your version of xdebug is compatible with your version of php. You have to search for all of these things.

Xdebug can help you out a lot, but it's definitely a hackers type tool. You've got to fiddle with it a lot and there is not just one easy way to fix it.

peregrine

Answers