Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Popup box to promote facebook page

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

How can i make a popup box when someone load my site..i like to promote my facebook page. The popup box only comes once due to cookies.
Can recommend any codes? or plugin? Thank you.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

This sounds like a terrible idea, at a user standpoint. Just put something in the side panel or in your header. IF you still want to go through with this, then you can save items in the user session. Look at existing plugins to get an idea.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Codecanyon , tylerquinn

http://codecanyon.net/user/TylerQuinn/portfolio

Not my cup of tea, but this is just what he excels in.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012

I agree with the neighbours above me. I think there is a trick in the code where you can do

rel=InfoBox

but I'm not sure. There was at least 1 topic about a popup box 1 to 1,5 months ago, but I cannot find it.

Look in your own install where you're really sure that a popup box will be shown. It must be a link (href) or image that has a 'rel directive' and the directive is something like 'PopUp', 'InfoBox' or something like that :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.