Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Documentation] Dashboard Link not visible for Moderator

rkneschkerkneschke New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

I assigned for my new forum the moderator role for a member with the standard rights. I also installed the "flagging" plugin and gave the moderator role the rights for it as well.

But the moderator is not able to see the dashboard where he can check what content has been flagged.

What do I have to do so the moderator can see the "Dashboard" link when logged in?

Thanks, Robert

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

That is a good question, kudos, since you can't hit 'like' in the opening post.

By now you have figured out how to edit the default.master.php file for your theme, right? (or default.master.tpl for a smarty theme)
    You will see this code

$this->Menu->AddLink('Dashboard', T('Dashboard'), '/dashboard/settings', array('Garden.Settings.Manage'));

I will skip the Smarty equivalent.
    So.. whenever your moderator has the permissions to manage settings, he will see this link.

You have 2 choices. What I would do is expand that array a little, so the user who has another permission, will see that link too (experiment), because you do not want the user to be able to change settings.

I've found 1 permission which looks like your user will have access to anyway:

Garden.Moderation.Manage

but you can also look at one of the permissions the flagging plugin implements, if it has any.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

That is a good question, kudos, since you can't hit 'like' in the opening post.

By now you have figured out how to edit the default.master.php file for your theme, right? (or default.master.tpl for a smarty theme)
    You will see this code

$this->Menu->AddLink('Dashboard', T('Dashboard'), '/dashboard/settings', array('Garden.Settings.Manage'));

I will skip the Smarty equivalent.
    So.. whenever your moderator has the permissions to manage settings, he will see this link.

You have 2 choices. What I would do is expand that array a little, so the user who has another permission, will see that link too (experiment), because you do not want the user to be able to change settings.

I've found 1 permission which looks like your user will have access to anyway:

Garden.Moderation.Manage

but you can also look at one of the permissions the flagging plugin implements, if it has any.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks for your help, I added the code snippet.

Now I have to wait until the moderator checks if its working.

Best regards, Robert