Fork me on GitHub
Current releases are 2.1.3 (9 Sept 2014) and 2.0.18.13 (5 Aug 2014)

Ready for 2.1? Find out if your plugins are compatible. 2.0 will no longer be updated after Dec 2014.

Can badges and reactions be purchased on a Monthly Plan?

LizLiz New
edited April 2012 in Feedback

I have recently launched a website that includes a Vanilla forum. My website is a support service for families of Special Needs children and we do not have the funds to pay for hosted forums.

I love the idea of the badges and reactions though and think that it is a great way of getting shy members active. Whilst we can't afford the $149+ a month we could certainly afford $10-$25 per month to use badges and reactions.

I am thinking there could be alot of people in my position and this could work well all round. I don't need tech support for my forum, I don't need to call and use your staffs time. I just want those add ons. I know the thought process is that these add ons will pull in more hosted members for you and it is a great marketing strategy but this is a way of making money of those of us who genuinely cannot afford to be hosted clients.

That could be potentially $300 a year from those of us you wouldn't normally make anything from.

What do you think? I'm not interested in petitions, but I am in negotiating :)

Answers