Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do you stop email alerts to everyone?

LeftBrainLeftBrain ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello. For some reason everyone on my list had every discussion bookmarked and now they get an email on every post.

How do I stop this? Basically, how do I en mass remove bookmarks from all users?

Best Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

if you want to delete the bookmarks from all users, just empty the bookmarks table.

You can also delete from the bookmarks table where users are not equal to certain id's, for example the id's of the administrator and moderators.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

You're right, it's not completely clear. It's certainly not GDN_Activity GDN_ActivityType GDN_AnalyticsLocal GDN_Ban GDN_Category GDN_Comment GDN_Conversation and a bunch of others, so filter out which ones you think it is and maybe you can conclude the correct one.

It's a database table which stores information per user

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

if you want to delete the bookmarks from all users, just empty the bookmarks table.

You can also delete from the bookmarks table where users are not equal to certain id's, for example the id's of the administrator and moderators.

• How would one go about emptying the bookmarks table? I searched through the database but couldn't find anything related to the bookmarks

• LeftBrainLeftBrain ✭✭
    edited April 2012

Thank you so much for your assistance. I don't mean to be so daft. I completely understand now how to empty a table. Now, I just need to know which one of these is the 'bookmarks' table. It's just not clear to me.

GDN_Activity
    GDN_ActivityType
    GDN_AnalyticsLocal
    GDN_Ban
    GDN_Category
    GDN_Comment
    GDN_Conversation
    GDN_ConversationMessage
    GDN_Discussion
    GDN_Draft
    GDN_Invitation
    GDN_Log
    GDN_Message
    GDN_Permission
    GDN_Photo
    GDN_Pocket
    GDN_Regarding
    GDN_Role
    GDN_Session
    GDN_Spammer
    GDN_Tag
    GDN_TagDiscussion
    GDN_User
    GDN_UserAuthentication
    GDN_UserAuthenticationNonce
    GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider
    GDN_UserAuthenticationToken
    GDN_UserCategory
    GDN_UserComment
    GDN_UserConversation
    GDN_UserDiscussion
    GDN_UserMeta
    GDN_UserRole
    GDN_zCategory
    GDN_zComment
    GDN_zConversation
    GDN_zConversationMessage
    GDN_zDiscussion
    GDN_zRole
    GDN_zUser
    GDN_zUserConversation
    GDN_zUserDiscussion
    GDN_zUserRole

Thanks again for your help.

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

You're right, it's not completely clear. It's certainly not GDN_Activity GDN_ActivityType GDN_AnalyticsLocal GDN_Ban GDN_Category GDN_Comment GDN_Conversation and a bunch of others, so filter out which ones you think it is and maybe you can conclude the correct one.

It's a database table which stores information per user