Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I remove my "thanks" from a post?

rkneschkerkneschke New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

your plugin works basically great.

I just did not found out how I can REMOVE a thanks, when I accidently (or for test purposes) clicked "thanks" on a post?

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Best Answer

• SS ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    1. Remove record from database using SQL client (see table ThanksLog), than run www.yoursite.com/dashboard/utility/structure/vanilla

2. Enable 'Take back' option (see readme)

Answers

• SS ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    1. Remove record from database using SQL client (see table ThanksLog), than run www.yoursite.com/dashboard/utility/structure/vanilla

2. Enable 'Take back' option (see readme)

• Thanks for your answer.

Option 2 works, though the output changes then from "thanked by: 1" to "thanked by: 0" instead of disappearing completely.

Maybe a suggestion: I needed some time to figure out where to put the
    $Configuration['Plugins']['ThankfulPeople']['AllowTakeBack'] = False;
    line.

Maybe you could mention in the readme-file that it belongs in the config.php file in the "forum/conf" folder.

Thanks, Robert

• I added the configuration line to /conf/config.php but I still cannot Unthank. Is there anything else I need to do or can check?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Fengol You added $Configuration['Plugins']['ThankfulPeople']['AllowTakeBack'] = TRUE; to your config?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I did (I also tried setting it to FALSE), but still no luck