Fork me on GitHub
Please upgrade to 2.1.x here. The 2.0 branch is no longer being updated.
You should grab 2.1.9, released 18 March. It's what all the cool kids are doing.

There is a way to have two sidebars? One on the left, one on the right?

There is a way to have two sidebars? One on the left, one on the right?

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

personally sidebars on the right work better, becuase we for the most part read left to right, so left sidebar tend to make a site looked cramped IMO.

Yes it is possible to have two sidebars, right now, assets are loaded into Panel, which is your default sidebar.

You could create a second Panel an load asset into that. It does really depend on your coding skill level though.

grep is your friend.

UnderDog

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

personally sidebars on the right work better, becuase we for the most part read left to right, so left sidebar tend to make a site looked cramped IMO.

Yes it is possible to have two sidebars, right now, assets are loaded into Panel, which is your default sidebar.

You could create a second Panel an load asset into that. It does really depend on your coding skill level though.

grep is your friend.

UnderDog
  • I have many contents to show, I agree with the cramped look thing, but it's better than have too heighted sidebar.
    I'm not bad with coding, but I preferred ask some easy way before starting :D

Thank you x00!

• I am interested in a method to add another sidebar, too. I have to mention that I have no coding skills. How can I do this? Thanks

• R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter MVP

You'll need at least minimum html skills...
    Copy an existing theme so that you have a start for your own theme. Then change the views/default.master.tpl so that it not only contains <div id="Panel">{asset name="Panel"}</div> but also something like <div id="Panel2">{asset name="Panel2"}</div>

Then you'll have to change every module that should be displayed in the new Panel: look inside its code and replace Panel with Panel2.

That would be the short answer. Probably there is a cleaner way and you will not have to change the modules source code, but that would be the easiest solution (although changing source code is always a bad idea)

UnderDogvrijvlinder