I have a few suggestions for the Vanilla WP plugin.
- Add a field in the options of the new Vanilla WP plugin commenting feature to change the contents of the discussion that gets created after a blog post is published.
- The default discussion format has a excerpt with a thumbnail and a "read the full story" link. I would like to see a field to customize this. For example, @Lincoln's Glue project uses a simple "Article Title" linked to the article itself.
- Instead of creating discussions under a user called "System," I would like to be able to select and link contributors, etc. through the plugin.
- This can be done using if conditionals in the code. When someone with writing permissions on the blog publishes an article, the username will be caught and if it's been linked in the config to a specific username on the forum, it will be posted under the writer's username.
- Have discussions get created immediately for new blog posts, to promote visibility and user responses via the forum discussions list.
Regardless, I've only seen the Vanilla WP plugin options. I'm not sure if what I suggested are settings that already exist through advanced settings: http://vanillaforums.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Comment_WP_Dashboard.png
Shadowdare | Computer Scientist | Sites: Livid Tech
0 · ·