Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Documentation] Where should I put translated pack of Vanilla?

qwentyqwenty New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I followed localization Instruction and a new translation is ready (up to 70%).

Placing the pack into /vanilla/locales/ (and activating from dashboard) --> NOTHING happens!

I should put the pack into /vanilla/applications/dashboard/locale & /vanilla/applications/vanilla/locale, too --> then it works!

What's the standard method? For example French Locale is using another method: Moving locale-fr-FR.php file into /vanilla/conf and editing config.php, then applying form dashboard!

So, where should I put the pack?

Answers

• I think it also depends on the theme you are using. Are you still using the default theme till everything is ready?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• qwentyqwenty New
    edited May 2012

Ok, now, I'm testing the pack on default theme, again -> NOTHING -> putting just the translated pack on /vanilla/locales -> doesn't work! I should put it on /vanilla/applications/...,too! then it works :(

I checked for german pack, the same problem! When I put a copy of the german pack on /vanilla/applications/vanilla/locale, it solves!

?

Note: I'm testing on LocalHost!

• It's either a bug (bugreport needed in that case) or the documentation (wiki or /docs) need to be adjusted. Do you see any other language packs in /vanilla/locales?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2012

delete the skeleton pack. Make sure it is not only enabled, but the default locale is your own.

Note the folder, and label are case sensitive.

grep is your friend.