Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Anybody want to give this plugin a whirl?

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

see if it fits the need and works for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Best Answers

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I will try and let you know.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭
    Answer ✓

looks nice, i'll give it a try later as well.

• Options
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓

Working good at my site forum.gtricks.com vanilla version 2.0.18.4

but the popup isnt well formatted. May be because of my theme or may be its not standard code. And the users can see the discussions title posted by ignored user but not the content. This becomes confusing.

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Done and done.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    Answer ✓

Done and done!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

I will try and let you know.

• Options
    Answer ✓

looks nice, i'll give it a try later as well.

• Options
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓

but the popup isnt well formatted. May be because of my theme or may be its not standard code. And the users can see the discussions title posted by ignored user but not the content. This becomes confusing.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

aery said:

but the popup isnt well formatted. May be because of my theme or may be its not standard code.>

The plugin uses styling code from vanilla but you could always change it in

you could add a style statement above the <h2> inside ignoredit.php  that is where the form popup display is.

e.g.
        <style>
        body div.Popup div.Body {
           margin: 0px auto;
           text-align: left;
           position: relative;
           padding: 0 0 8px 0;
           width: 440px;
           border-radius: 5px;
           -moz-border-radius: 5px;
           -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
           background: #f1fbfe;
           border: 1px solid #01416b;

}
        </style>

And the users can see the discussions title posted by ignored user but not the content. This becomes confusing. >

Yes its tricky. The question then becomes if an ignored user starts a discussion do you want to see the replies or do you want to ignore the discussion totally. etc. etc.
    And I think the answer will be different for every single user. Some people may not want to see anything that deals with that user. some might want to see replies, some may want to see everything. some may want to see something if it is interesting, but not see it if its not interesting, I think there are a myraid of possibly thing without satisfying anybody. Thanks for testing it out.

I think when I add the suggestion that jason2007 presented, this problem will be relatively cleared up, toggle view on and off.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@aery

And the users can see the discussions title posted by ignored user but not the content. This becomes confusing. >

version 1.1 may solve this

• Options

@peregrine Thank You :)

• Options

it works fine, but somethings not right with the locale, it shows IgnoredTab in the profile for example .. but that's probably something to do with my theme, because it works fine in a clean install. hmm....

did not show up on the profile of the 2.1 dev install that i have set up

i might implement this in our community at some point, but at the moment there is no need

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

@aery and fh111 Thank you both for testing it out.

@fh111 - Are you using the -en locale. If you switched locales, to some other locale. You need to change the locale in the ignoreuser plugin diirectory. You could rename the locale to the locale you are using and adjust the definitions.php to what you want in the ignoreuser plugin directory.

Probably need to add that to the readme.txt

• Options

oh that must be it, thanks. i am using a german locale. will give it a try later today

• Options

It crashes my whole forum. Didn't look too closely at what it was, but heres some error output

rying to get property of non-object The error occurred on or near: /var/www/plugins/IgnoreUser/default.php 99: $IgnoreUserID = $Session->UserID; 100: $IgnoreUserModel = new Gdn_Model('IgnoreUser'); 101: $IgnoreUserData = $IgnoreUserModel->GetWhere(array('UserID' => $IgnoreUserID)); 102: $FirstRow = $IgnoreUserData->FirstRow(); 103: $IgnoreUserList = $FirstRow->IgnoreUserList; 104: $this->CacheIg(explode(' ',$IgnoreUserList )); 105: 106: } 107: Backtrace: [/var/www/plugins/IgnoreUser/default.php:103] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler(); [/var/www/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:648] IgnoreUser->DiscussionController_Render_Before(); [/var/www/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:590] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandler(); [/var/www/library/core/class.pluggable.php:179] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandlers(); [/var/www/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:181] Gdn_Pluggable->__call(); [/var/www/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:181] DiscussionController->Render(); [/var/www/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:181] DiscussionController->Index(); [/var/www/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:322] PHP::call_user_func_array(); [/var/www/index.php:53] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@LucasKA

You may well win some sort of award for the most necrotic post this year!

Which version of Vanilla are you using?

The last version was released a year and a half ago, so there may be some issues with newer versions.

• Options
    Answer ✓

Done and done.

• Options

I just had some requests by users for ignore feature. I'm using the current stable build. I can never remember the number 2.0.19?

Anyway, I tried the vanilla supported one, and it doesn't quite work, even when changing the requirements. I don't recall the issue, but it was like it just didn't work.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@LucasKA said:
    I just had some requests by users for ignore feature. I'm using the current stable build. I can never remember the number 2.0.19?

Anyway, I tried the vanilla supported one, and it doesn't quite work, even when changing the requirements. I don't recall the issue, but it was like it just didn't work.

I just had some requests by users for ignore feature.

if you or your users have a budget to provide an ignore feature in the version of vanilla that you are using that is below 2.1, if you remember what it is, you can pm me.

otherwise....

you can upgrade to vanilla 2.1 and post any further questions there....

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/ignore-plugin

@Kasper‌ can you close this discussion please.

• Options
    Answer ✓

Done and done!

This discussion has been closed.