Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Imported Vanilla 1 to 2 comments won't display particular image link images

Hello,
I just exported my Vanilla 1 forum, installed the Vanilla 2 forum, and imported the Vanilla 1 archive.

A very strange thing has happened. One of my threads is very image heavy with image links. The problem is, some of the image links are not displaying the image. It works now, in present posts, but not in the imported comments.

Strange thing #1: It looks to be only the image links from 2 of my users. Unfortunately one of the users is the thread's main contributor.

Strange thing #2: You can see the image and the code when I click to edit the comment. The image shows in the CLEditor window and the correct code shows when I click the "Show Source" icon.

I've tried copying and pasting and reinserting the code but after hitting "Save Comment" there's nothing. Blank.

So I have a thread with 8000+ comments with my main user's comments completely blank. Image only, his text appears.

Strange no? Any suggestions? I am code noob however but I am learning as I go.

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Open the comments table in your phpMyAdmin and look at the value of the 'Format' column. It should say 'Html'

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

Open the comments table in your phpMyAdmin and look at the value of the 'Format' column. It should say 'Html'

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• They are not. FCKeditor. Says he normally types the code in instead of using editor button.
    Possible to change them to html in the edit(insert) tab? I see the function pull down and value columns but like I said, my knowledge is basic here. Thanks.

• Nevermind. Found the SQL tab. Thank you.

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.