Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Has anybody got Polls running with 2.0.18.4?

mattmatt ✭✭
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Has anybody got Polls running with 2.0.18.4?

Polls plugin:
http://vanillaforums.org/addon/poll-plugin

Best Answer

• mattmatt ✭✭
    Answer ✓

FWIW: when activated i saw an option in the sidebar "add poll to this discussion" which let's you add a poll (also viewable in the side bar).

I was looking for more of a dedicated poll thread, so am considering using the Q&A plugin

Answers

• mattmatt ✭✭

It worked, I was just looking for it in the wrong place :)

• mattmatt ✭✭
    Answer ✓

FWIW: when activated i saw an option in the sidebar "add poll to this discussion" which let's you add a poll (also viewable in the side bar).

I was looking for more of a dedicated poll thread, so am considering using the Q&A plugin

• tonextonex New
    edited June 2012

Didn't work for me. No poll interface in "Start a New Discussion". There's just a bunch of HTML/PHP codes in the sidebar.

• Sorry, got it to work. Find function of my mac failed me. Was finding all "<?" tags.

• mattmatt ✭✭
    edited June 2012

How do I close this or accept my own answer?

• Normally, we don't close discussions, we just let it be and it will drop to the end of the discussions list at some point (until someone 'bumps' it). I've accepted your answer for you. It's fine for now.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• mattmatt ✭✭

Thanks

• Was wondering how to put this on top of the categories box of the side panel. (After the start new discussion button.)

• tonextonex New
    edited June 2012

Nevermind. Found the solution. Thanks.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@tonex

It is considered good manners to post solutions to questions you've asked when you have found them yourself.

• tonextonex New
    edited June 2012

LOL. I knew I couldn't get away with that. Sorry whu, was in a hurry. Found the solution here.

Look under Organizing Module Sort Order.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Nice one, @tonex - you know it makes sense!

• Thanks for this. you learn something new.

e.g. to put who's online at the the top followed by...

$Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Panel'] = array('WhosOnlineModule', 'TagModule', 'BookmarkedModule', 'CategoriesModule', 'GuestModule', 'Ads');

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.