Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where is the Sign In Form page stored?

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I don't know how better to phrase this question, but what I'd like to do is move Don't have an account? Create One. from the bottom of the form to the top.

I don't believe this is possible just though the locale.

Best Answer

• qwentyqwenty New
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓

Marc905 said:
    what I'd like to do is move Don't have an account? Create One. from the bottom of the form to the top. I don't believe this is possible just though the locale.

What's locale problem? you can vanish the phrase from the bottom, using:

$Definition['Create One.'] = '';
    $Definition['Don\'t have an account? %s'] = '';

Then:
    $Definition['Email/Username'] = "Don't have an account? <a href="http://YOUR.DOMAIN/index.php?p=/entry/register&amp;Target=%2Fdiscussions">Create One</a><br /><br />Email/Username.";
    Now, it appears at the top.

Answers

• @marc905 This may not be the way to go, but \applications\dashboard\views\entry\auth\password.php is where you can modify that stuff, I think.

If that is indeed correct, my followup question would be: is it possible to create a custom view for this in our theme, and if so, where to put the files for it? Can we just create a parallel folder structure in the theme (ie \mytheme\views\entry\auth) and dump a new password.php (or whatever) in there to override, and would that be best practice in this case if so?

• Hmm. I just tried that, and no joy.

I is confused.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    edited May 2012

You should be able to override any view by placing the view file in the theme views folder. Im not sure what would be so special about this one.

• That's kind of what I figured, too. I'm not sure what's going on there.

• qwentyqwenty New
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓

Marc905 said:
    what I'd like to do is move Don't have an account? Create One. from the bottom of the form to the top. I don't believe this is possible just though the locale.

What's locale problem? you can vanish the phrase from the bottom, using:

$Definition['Create One.'] = '';
    $Definition['Don\'t have an account? %s'] = '';

Then:
    $Definition['Email/Username'] = "Don't have an account? <a href="http://YOUR.DOMAIN/index.php?p=/entry/register&amp;Target=%2Fdiscussions">Create One</a><br /><br />Email/Username.";
    Now, it appears at the top.

• @qwenty, thank you. That is out-of-the-box thinking for me.