Fork me on GitHub

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Ready to contribute?

Amazing! Sign our contributors' agreement and then join us on GitHub.

Current release is 2.1.6 (21 Nov 2014).

Users who have not yet upgraded to 2.1 should get security release 2.0.18.14 (1 Nov 2014). We will stop providing these security releases to 2.0 at the end of this year.

Wiki Integration?

SpencerMcSpencerMc New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 Help

I run an internal forum for a small chain of retail stores. I'm looking to add some wiki functionality for things like restock lists and policy documentation (preferably with subscription capabilities). I was considering Docuwiki with a WYSIWYG editor plug-in (for those users less amiable to learning markup), but I would ideally like it to be integrated with our current forum to avoid multiple log-ins and manage permissions centrally. I've searched the community, and I found this thread which seems to have been dead for some time. Did anything ever come of this? If not, can anyone recommend a way of achieving this kind of functionality?

Thanks, Spencer

Best Answer

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    Answer ✓

Its a great question and one ive only thought about on a very theoretical level. Im running a couple wikis... one you are hopefully pretty familiar with, the other is tied to my forum. If i ever ger around to looking at it in depth, my plan is to use the forum credentials to allow posting on the mediawiki based wiki. I assume it can be done through jsconnect or other credential passing technique. I also want to do the same thing with a zen cart installation.

leafmonsterUnderDog

Answers

• SpencerMcSpencerMc New
    edited May 2012

Hmm. JSconnect may just do the trick, though I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about setting it up, as I'm something of a novice to site administration. I wish I had the know-how to wrap everything up in a Garden application because it seems like it would be a popular feature.

Edit: If he has time, maybe @Todd could comment on if the wiki app he mentioned in the linked thread was ever further developed?

• Ok, so I've found instructions here on integrating Vanilla 1 with Dokuwiki. The Dokuwiki structure seems to have remained consistent since it was written, but of course Vanilla 2 altered Vanilla significantly. I've been trying to adapt the vanilla.auth.php to work with Vanilla 2, but I admit I'm a bit lost as I don't know php very well and am a beginner to web development in general. I know that what used to be in appg/settings.php seems to has moved to conf/config.php, and I think what was in appg/init_people.php is now in applications/dashboard/settings/structure.php . I've changed the variable references I can find to their current form (e.g., $Configuration['DATABASE_HOST'] to $Configuration['Database']['Host'] ). I've changed the Vanilla root to reflect the relative place my forum is installed. There's some other references in there that seem not to be applicable anymore like DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX, but it seems to check if they exist before doing anything, so I think that should be alright. Here is what I have so far. Would anybody be willing to give me a hand on this?