Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Compatibility with Page Speed plugin

edited May 2012 in Questions
This discussion is related to the Bootstrap addon.

Hi, thanks for sharing this beautiful theme!

It works fine, but when I try it along with Page Speed plugin it breaks my page.

Can you suggest how can I overcome this issue?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• KasperKasper Front-end Wizard Vanilla Staff
    edited May 2012

Hi @sandino!

I'm glad you like the theme and I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Page Speed plugin - this shouldn't be the case. I'll eat some breakfast and then test the plugin on my local installation to find out what's going on. Be back in a bit!

// Kasper

Status: The "Defer JavaScript" option must be set to "Disabled" else the plugin will put the jQuery call at the bottom of the file which will foul up the load order.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Web Designer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• estest New
    edited May 2012

Hi @kasperisager!

I'm sandino and I could not recover my previous account, that's why I've registered again. And I'm sorry for late answer.

I tried disabling "Defer JavaScript" option, but nothing changes - the page still broken in any browser. I looks like mobile version.

Here is my browser:

• KasperKasper Front-end Wizard Vanilla Staff

Hi again,

Could you do me a favor and update to the latest version of the theme (1.1b-2.0) and enable the theme on your site so I can check it out?

// Kasper

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Web Designer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• estest New
    edited June 2012

@kasperisager

Now the page is broken even with Page Speed turned off.

Look for url in PM

• I think this was because I've downloaded zip instead of cloning from repo. I reinstalled and now the theme works correctly. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.