Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User's not created when using jsConnect

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've done everything in the docs and the json string looks ok. Once the user logs in I am redirecting them back to the forum. But the user is not created and the same Sign In buttons are still showing. What is wrong?

Answers

• Options

I also wanted to add that I'm using the Asp.NET library.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

The ASP.NET library had some issues a while back. First make sure you are using the most recent version.

I recommend putting the connection into test mode in Vanilla so you can see if the problem has to do with the security.

• Options

I put it in Test Mode and it's doing the same thing. When I click "Sign In With Mhelpdesk" it just redirects back to my vanilla forum with the same set of buttons.

What am I looking for now that it is in test mode?

• Options

What issues did the ASP.NET library have? Should I be looking at another library? Nothing in the documentation says it was deprecated and there are no known issues documented.

• Options

When you say "security" can you be a little more specific?

• Options

Ya?

• Options

Bump